Thor Movies In Order Of Release Date
The almighty god of thunder has definitely brought us some incredibly memorable moments to our screens. If you are a big fan of Thor and are wondering what order you should watch the Thor movies in, you’ve come to the right place. The good news is that the timeline is pretty simple and there’s nothing too complicated about the Thor films. We will go ahead and list both the Thor movies in order of release date and in chronological order. Whether you are new to the Thor movies or not, they are sure to bring you hours of amazing entertainment. Just keep scrolling and check out the best way to watch the Thor movies in order!
1. Thor (2011)
Thor Movie Description
The god of thunder, Thor (Chris Hemsworth), is set to inherit the throne to all of Asgard from his aging father Odin (Anthony Hopkins). However, on the day he is meant to be crowned, Thor proves himself to be unworthy by reacting with brutality when Frost Giants, the enemies of the gods, enter the palace and violate their treaty. Odin banishes Thor to Earth as punishment for this. This leaves his evil brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) planning his sinister plots in Asgard. Back on Earth, Thor finds himself powerless and now faces his greatest threat yet.
2. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Thor: The Dark World Movie Description
During ancient times, an evil race known as the Dark Elves existed and left nothing but death behind them. The gods of Asgard had fought and defeated them all those years ago. The gods took the elves killer weapon the Aether and made sure to bury it away in a secret location. However, hundreds of years later, Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) ends up coming upon the Aether and now serves as its host. The evil Dark Elf named Malekith (Christopher Eccleston) is now after Jane which forces Thor (Chris Hemsworth) to bring her to Asgard before he captures her. If Malek gets his hands on the weapon he will destroy the nine realms including Earth.
3. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok Movie Description
Thor (Chris Hemsworth) finds himself on the other side of the universe imprisoned on the planet Sakaar. He finds that he has very little time to make his way back to Asgard in order to stop Ragnarok, the destruction of his world and the end of the Asgardians. Behind it all, is a new enemy more powerful than any before, Thor’s ruthless and rage-filled sister Hela (Cate Blanchett). If Thor cannot defeat her, the fate of Asgard has been forever sealed.
Check out these 10 Thor: Ragnarok Easter eggs you most likely missed.
Thor Movies In Chronological Order
- Thor (Before Avengers but never specified)
- Thor: The Dark World (After Avengers/before Ultron)
- Thor: Ragnarok (After Ultron/before Infinity War)
Up above we have the Thor movies in chronological order which also happens to be the release date order. However, down below we have put together the list of all the current Marvel movies in order chronologically. Here you can check out where the Thor movies belong in the entire MCU. So if you really want to watch the Thor movies in order, you should just watch all the Marvel movies in order! It’ll be one hell of a binge session if you decide to watch all these movies and it’s worth it. We’ll also continue to update this list when any new Thor or Marvel movies are released to keep you updated with the latest timeline developments!
Thor Movies With Marvel Avenger Movies In Order Chronologically
- Captain America: The First Avenger (Set during WWII)
- Captain Marvel (Set in 1995)
- Iron Man (Set in 2010)
- Iron Man 2 (Set after Iron Man)
- The Incredible Hulk (Before Avenger/NA)
- Thor (Before Avengers/NA)
- The Avengers (Set in 2012)
- Iron Man 3 (Set six months after The Avengers)
- Thor: Dark World (Set after Avengers/before Ultron)
- Captain America: Winter Soldier (Set after Avengers)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Set in 2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Set after Guardians 1)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (Set in 2015)
- Ant-Man (Set in 2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (After Ultron/before IW)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (Set after Civil War/before IW)
- Doctor Strange (Set in 2016)
- Black Panther (Set in 2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (Set after Ultron/before IW)
- Avengers: Infinity War (Set in 2017)
- Ant-Man and The Wasp (Set between IW and Endgame)
- Avengers: Endgame (Set in 2017-2022)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (Set after-Endgame)